Creating Your Practitioner Custom Forms
This article will give you a step-by-step guide to creating your custom forms for practitioners to complete. Practitioner forms are accessible to all users. To fill out these forms, you will need to have access to the Practitioner Dashboard.
To create your forms, head to Settings > Custom Forms. Here you will see the overview of your custom forms.
You can edit existing forms by clicking the blue actions button and select "Edit". To create a new form click "Add New Form". From The drop down select "Practitioner".
Step 1 - Settings
The first tab you will see will be the form settings. In the top right corner of the screen, you have the option to turn on the autosave feature which will automatically save your form creation at periods as you work. On the settings tab you will input the form name and the appointment types it is associated to.
Step 2 - Questions
The next tab over is the main bulk of your custom form - the questions. We will break down all of the question types to help better explain how you may want to use them.
You will see from the very top of the form that you are able to add multiple sections to your form. To navigate between sections, simply use the tags. To add a field on to the form, simply drag from the right of screen and drop in to the space on left of screen. The above example has inputted several un-edited fields. They have been inserted in order as they appear on the right of screen. All fields you input can be re-ordered by dragging and dropping.
Once you've placed your desired field on to the form, you will want to build your question in to the field. This is done by clicking on the pencil symbol in the top right corner of the field. The other options available are to duplicate and to delete the field. Below is a screenshot that shows you the content you can add to the field
Above is the edit view of the checkbox group field. You have the ability to make the field required (available on all fields). The "label" is where you will input your query. The "help text" will appear when you hover over a question mark that appears next to the question(available on all fields). The options are the responses to your query The checkbox group allows for multiple selections. Once completed, simply click close.
To give a better understanding, we have explained the other fields below;
- Date - A simple DD/MM/YY format user-input date field
- Header - Larger bold text to use for titling. Non-user-input
- Paragraph - A non-user-input text field that you can use for instructions
- Number - A user-input number field. Select a placeholder (text that appears in the field before any user input), select a default value (if desired), select a minimum and a maximum value (if desired) and the step
- Radio Group - Similar to a Checkbox Group however you can only select one option. User-input
- Select - Allows singular or multiple selection from a drop down menu. User-input
- Text Field - A user-inputted free text field that works on one single line. Best for short responses
- Text Area - A free text field that can be enlarged. Best for longer responses
- Drawable Image - add in a range of basic custom images or upload and insert your own image (head to Settings > custom form images to upload)
- Signature - A field for a drawable signature to be entered
Once you are done, ensure to click "Save Form" in the top right and your forms will be ready for your practitioner to start using in their notes!