Creating Your Patient-Facing Custom Forms (Atlas)
This article will give you a step-by-step guide to creating your custom forms for patients to complete. Patient-facing forms are available only to our Atlas users. If you are a Core user, you are able to upgrade to Atlas at any time by simply clicking "Billing" from the dropdown menu you will see once you have clicked on your user name from the calendar screen.
To create your forms, head to Settings > Custom Forms. Here you will see the overview of your custom forms.
You can edit existing forms by clicking the blue actions button and select "Edit". To create a new form click "Add New Form". From The drop down select "Patient".
TOP TIPS for Saving.
- Save Often When creating your custom forms losing your work is super frustrating, so we recommend you use the autosave feature or save manually on a regular basis.
- DON'T WORK WITH MULTIPLE WINDOWS OR TABS. On the rare occasions work has been lost, this is often down to multiple tabs or windows being open on the same custom form. The program will regularly save from both tabs, so will sometimes overwrite your progress in one tab with an earlier version open in another tab.
- Wait for the Confirmation - When the form is saved a confirmation box will appear at the bottom of the screen, don't click away from the page until you've seen this confirmation or you might interrupt the saving process.
Step 1 - Settings
The first tab you will see will be the form settings. In the top right corner of the screen, you have the option to turn on the autosave feature which will automatically save your form creation at periods as you work. On the settings tab you will input the form name and the appointment types it is associated to. The association of appointments types ensures that this form will be required for completion when booking online. The form will appear at the end of the booking process of associated appointment types. Please note: To ensure the link to the custom form appears on the confirmation of the associated appointment types, you must ensure to check the "show link on online booking confirmation page" check box other "Other Settings".
The next setting is an email address that will receive notifications of successful form submissions. You then have text fields to include an introduction text on the form and a confirmation text. Alternatively, if you wish to redirect to a webpage, perhaps the welcome page of your practice, there is also a box to insert this URL. The last settings on this tab relate to the appearance of your form. You are able to hide your clinic logo and clinic details and you are able to edit the colour theme of your form.
Step 2 - Patient Fields
The next tab across is your patient data - This information, that once filled out and the form is successfully submitted, will automatically save to the created patient file.
If completed by an existing patient, the new data they input will overwrite any information saved on their file. As can be seen above, you have the ability to include lots of data, whilst also making fields required as desired.
Step 3 - Questions
The next tab over is the main bulk of your custom form - the questions. We will break down all of the question types to help better explain how you may want to use them.
You will see from the very top of the form that you are able to add multiple sections to your form. To navigate between sections, simply use the tags. To add a field on to the form, simply drag from the right of the screen and drop into the space on left of the screen. The above example has inputted several un-edited fields. They have been inserted in order as they appear on the right of screen. All fields you input can be re-ordered by dragging and dropping.
Once you've placed your desired field on to the form, you will want to build your question into the field. This is done by clicking on the pencil symbol in the top right corner of the field. The other options available are to duplicate and to delete the field. Below is a screenshot that shows you the content you can add to the field
Above is the edit view of the checkbox group field. You have the ability to make the field required (available on all fields). The "label" is where you will input your query or question. The "help text" will appear when you hover over a question mark that appears next to the question(available on all fields). The options are the responses to your query/question. The checkbox group allows for multiple selections. Once completed, simply click close.
To give a better understanding, we have explained the other fields below;
- Date - A simple DD/MM/YY format user-input date field
- Header - Larger bold text to use for titling. Non-user-input
- Paragraph - A non-user-input text field that you can use for instructions
- Number - A user-input number field. Select a placeholder (text that appears in the field before any user input), select a default value (if desired), select a minimum and a maximum value (if desired) and the step
- Radio Group - Similar to a Checkbox Group however you can only select one option. User-input
- Select - Allows singular or multiple selections from a drop-down menu. User-input
- Text Field - A user-inputted free text field that works on one single line. Best for short responses
- Text Area - A free text field that can be enlarged. Best for longer responses
- Drawable Image - add in a range of basic custom images or upload and insert your own image (head to Settings > custom form images to upload)
- Signature - A field for a drawable signature to be entered
Step 4 - Consents
The last stage in creating your patient-facing custom forms is to clarify the patient's marketing and transactional communication preferences. GDPR requires explicit opt-in & permission for marketing communications. By enabling this on your form, you will ensure that you are compliant in recording this information.
As can be seen above, we've highlighted where you will need to check the boxes to ensure you are requesting these permissions. You are able to enter your own text, however should you prefer to use the default text listed, simply leave the text field blank.
Once you are done, ensure to click "Save Form" in the top right.